An uprising in France against the monarchy from 1789 to 1799 which resulted in the establishment of France as a republic. An example of the French Revolution is the storming of the Bastille by the French citizens.
* Continual warfare causing debt. * Social inequality. * Three Estates. * King Louis XVI.
* Declaration of Man and the Citizen. * Reforms on National Assembly. * Bread riots, hunger, also showed increased desire of the government to protect the poor in markets.
* Violence. * King executed. * Third Estate withdrew from the Estates-General, and declared itself the National Assembly.
* Abolished imprisonment for debt. * Abolished slavery in French colonies. * Drew up a constitution for a republic headed by a 5-man Directory.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art