Good afternoon, I'm Amanda Simmons and I am here today at Meadowcreek High School were just a few days ago 15-year-old Chris Jones was found dead in one of the bathrooms. He died by overdosing on his prescription drugs.
Chris was found by a fellow student one hour after the first bell of the day rang. The student quickly ran to the nearest classroom but when the ambulances arrived they were too late.
Teens nowadays abuse prescription drugs in order to get high and in the past year the percentage for teen deaths from overdosing has been risen by 19%. You can find ways to prevent drugs overdose on drugrehab.org. Reporting live in Meadowcreek High School Amanda Simmons