This storyboard does not have a description.
The Mayflower Compact
We must create some rules in order to function as a colony
We are all alone now, we must rule ourselves!
Sir, you must sign this paper, you can no longer have so much power
The English Bill of Rights
Sir, you must sign this too, you still have way too much power.
You have got to be kidding me!
1. The Pilgrims who landed in Massachusetts created the Mayflower Compact. 2. They wrote it in 1620, around the time they landed in Cape Cod. 3. They wrote this because they had no rule or structure in their new colony. 4. They were trying to create a stable government in the New World.
1. The Nobles of the King wrote the Magna Carta 2. They wrote the paper in 1215 when King John was at the top of his reign. 3. They wrote this because King John was abusing his power and they needed to stop him. 4. They were trying to create a more fair government and limit the King's powers.
1. The British Parliament wrote the English Bill of Rights. 2. The Parliament wrote this in 1689. 3. They wrote this to further the limit of the King and put the power in multiple different hands. 4. They were trying to make a government that was fair and limited.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art