The Journey Of A Cheese Sandwich...

The Journey Of A Cheese Sandwich...
  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  •  I can explain!
  • I wonder how this cheese sandwich digests.
  • First the sandwich will go into your mouth, the teeth and jaws. They will work to break the food up into smaller piece making it easier to digest.
  • Oesophagus
  • The food then travels down the oesophagus, it is a long tube down your neck. It can take as little as 2 seconds for food to travel down to the stomach.
  • Meet Martha! Martha's dad is about to explain the digestion of her cheese sandwich.
  • This is the stomach. In just 5 seconds the cheese sandwich will reach the stomach, in the stomach there is hydrochloric acid.This kills the harmful micro-organisims
  • This is the liver, it produces a chemical called bile which helps to digest fats.
  • Saliva in the mouth contains an enzyme called Amylase, this enzyme breaks down starch into glucose. This is because molecules are insoluble and soluble, so by breaking it down it makes it smaller and easier to digest.
  • This is the small intestine. It is where 90% of the digestion and absorbtion of food occurs, the other 10% taking place in the stomach and the large intestine.
  • This is the large intestine, this is where any undigested food is squeezed into. Mainly the fibres are found here. 
  • The muscles of the oesophagus contract (peristalsis) to move food down to the stomach.The epiglottis at the back of your throat closes to prevent food from travelling down the windpipe/trachea.
  • The stomach contains protease, amylase and lipase enzymes; these break down the food into molecules which can then be absorbed in the small intestine. The food is churned in the stomach and then mixed with enzymes like carbohydrase which breaks down carbohydrates and leads to some digestion.
  • This is the pancreas. It produces enzymes to aid digestion
  • The main function of the small intestine is absorbtion of nutrients and minerals. It is also put into the blood. The waste material in the large intestine is called faeces. Too much water and it will cause diarrhoea, but too little water in the faeces will cause constipation.
  • 
More Storyboards By hannaheve123
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class   •   Quick Rubric   •   abcBABYart   •   Storyboard That's TPT Store