Montag receives a lot of temptations during his Hero’s Journey. For example when Montag reads poetry to Mildred’s friends he gets very frustrated. Another example is the conversation with Beatty when he says that he already burned the only book that he has and when Beatty tells him about the importance and how fireman’s work is totally right and helps society.
7. Approach to the Inmost Cave- "You see? I knew it, that´s what I wanted to prove! I knew it would happen! I´ve always said, poetry and tears, poetry and suicide and crying and awful feelings, poetry and sickness" (Bradburry, PDF pg.48)
10. The Road Back- “The smell of the river was cool and like a solid rain. His throat was burnt rust and his eyes were wept dry with running. He yelled as if this yell would jet him on, fling him the last hundred yards.” (Bradburry, PDF pg.64)
The ordeal is when all of the firemen go to Montag's house. There they burn all the house. After this Montag goes and kills Beatty by burning him alive. At the end he is chased by the mechanical hound. This is the ordeal because it is the moment were the problem is on its highest point and the book is on total suspense.
8. Ordeal- “You always said, don´t face a problem, bum it. Well, now I´ve done both. Good-bye, Captain." (Bradburry, PDF pg.56)
11. Resurrection- “You´re not important. You´re not anything. Some day the load we´re carrying with us may help someone.” (Bradburry, PDF pg.76)
9. Reward- “But he was at the river. He touched it, just to be sure it was real." (Bradburry, PDF pg.65)
The reward in this story would be that he gets away from the police and the people looking for him. He no longer has to live the life he didn´t wants. He is now a free man. He got to the river and now he is not being chased by the police. This counts as the reward because it is a benefit that Montag gets.
12. Return with the Elixir- "Yes, thought Montag, that´s the one I´ll save for noon. For noon... When we reach the city" (Bradburry, PDF pg.77)
Montag´s road back is when he is in his journey in the river trying to find the book people. He is by himself trying to get somewhere were he is going to make and start a new life in a new place surrounded by new people.
Montag´s resurrection is when he gets to the book people and joins them. Montag starts to learn books for the future and joins their cause. He meats Granger and the other professors. This counts as the resurrection since it is like a new beginning for Montag.