Service Dog Comic Strip #6: Mandate Part 2
This storyboard does not have a description.
The last item on the mandate is to create a hub for persons with visual disability to educate, train, and integrate into the workplace, and to help them become trainers, coaches, and entrepreneurial self starters.
The government of Canada states that employers have the duty to accommodate employees in order to avoid discrimination. Accommodation is also provided in the hiring process.
A tip is to try using a variety of job-seeking techniques. These include the following:
- Personal contacts - Classified ads - Campus job-placement services - Job-placement assistance through disability advocacy or support groups - Vocational rehabilitation agencies
It is also important to do research on any company that you are applying to. Try checking with disability advocacy groups to see if the company has a good reputation for hiring, training and promoting workers with disabilities.
It is also helpful to look into assistive devices for people with visual disabilities.
- Screen readers for blind individuals - Screen magnifiers for low-vision computer users - Video magnifiers -Other devices for reading and writing with low vision
Don't forget about volunteering! Volunteering with an organization that you are passionate about is a great way to build experience that employers are looking for!
CHARITY FOOD DRIVE
Don't forget about volunteering! Volunteering with an organization that you are passionate about is a great way to build experience that employers are looking for and to give back to the community!
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art