Questions About Remote Learning? Click Here

Amnesic shellfish poisoning
Updated: 4/27/2020
Amnesic shellfish poisoning
This storyboard was created with

Storyboard Text

  • I'm starving!
  • That orange stuff in the water? Wait don't those contain domoic acid? That's toxic!
  • To some organisms yes, but luckily not to us.
  • Look there's a pseudo-nitzschia algal bloom right over there!
  • Idk, I started feeling sick after dinner last night.
  • Maybe I should go to the doctor..
  • I knew I shouldn't have gotten the clams.
  • Hmm, that's weird. I feel fine 🤷‍♂️and my pizza was delicious.
  • Hey what's wrong?
  • Okay, what seems to be the problem?
  • Hmm, have you had any shellfish lately?
  • I'm dizzy, I threw up, and my stomach is killing me!
  • Just some clams, why?
  • Are you also having trouble remembering things?
  • What does that have anything to do with the clams I ate!?
  • A little now that I think about it..
  • It appears you are suffering from amnesic shellfish poisoning.
  • Actually..
  • Ok so can you just give me some medicine to make this go away?
  • Uh oh..
  • ..there's no antidote for amnesic shellfish poisoning so the only treatment available is to put you on life support until the toxins pass through your system to prevent the short-term memory loss from becoming permanent or this turning fatal.
  • WHAT!?
Over 14 Million Storyboards Created
Storyboard That Family