This storyboard does not have a description.
What is pie?
*Is taking advanced placement calculus test*
Goodbye Garfield High School!
• Jaime Escalante was born December 31, 1930 in La Paz, Bolivia. • He came to the United States in the 1960s to seek a better life •An educator back at home, he had to work many odd jobs, teach himself English and earn another college degree before he could return to the classroom.
• in 1974, Escalante took a job as a math teacher for troubled students at Garfield High School in East Los Angeles, and became famous for leading many of them to pass the advanced placement calculus test. • In 1982, his largest class of students took and passed an advanced placement test in Calculus. • Some students' test scores were invalidated by the testing company for "cheating"
• Escalante's classroom challenges and successes were the topic of much public discussion in 1988. • After Garfield, Escalante taught at another high school in Sacramento. He did not seem to find the same level of success he had at his previous post. He retired from teaching in 1998. • Escalante died in March 2010 after a long struggle with cancer.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art