This storyboard does not have a description.
1. As I was saying about how there are different types of variations well there is also different types of characteristics.
3. They are called heritable characteristics and non-heritable characteristics. Heritable characteristics are the traits that an organism inherited from the parents, example would be blonde hair or blue eyes. Non-heritable characteristics is traits that are made throughout your life, they are traits that are not heritable at all, an example would be tattoos and piercings.
2. Really? What are they?
1. Well that makes a lot more sense now.
3. I have no idea…
2. What provides information for a characteristic?
4. It is called a gene. A gene is responsible to give each offspring characteristics, a gene is located on chromosomes, each chromosomes provides many genes, genes come in pairs. Both genes in a pair carry DNA instructions for the characteristic.
2. Still no idea…
1. What provides the information for a trait?
3. It's called an allele which is a variation of gene. An allele is what we inherit a set of genes from both parents, each possible version of a gene is called an allele.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art