Jackson and the National Banks
1. Why didn't Jackson like Biddle?
2. What was Jackson's view of the bank?
3. Jackson's veto
4. What was the Panic of 1837? (2 scenes)
I don't like this Nicholas Biddle
He represents everything I dislike about the government
This idea of a national bank is preposterous!
It's an excuse to build a monopoly that favors wealthy Easterners and prohibits Western growth
Now that we, Daniel Webster and Henry Clay have convinced Mr. Biddle to apply for a new bank charter early, we can get Jackson out of the campaign
When he vetoes the new charter the people won't like it and he will lose the support of the people in the campaign and our candidate will win
Jackson hates the bank so he will most definitely veto the new charter, The Whigs will have an advantage
The operations of the bank are hereby ceased!
No one will buy our land! We've lost our jobs!
All banks in the surrounding area are closed down
We cant' afford any food or rent
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art