Indonesia policy brief on prevention spending
By karishmah, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
Introduce the problem - why is low prevention spending a bad thing? - Refer to literature about why it's important to spend on promotion / prevention e.g. Hopkins paper (ROI is $16 for every $1 for imm. , effects of prevention on NCDs, stunting, TB etc.) - Cite some government initatives to increase prevention spending e.g. 2/3 of local health budgets for prevention/ promotion and investment in PISPKA - Use data to show what prevention spending looks like in Indonesia e.g. trend data for prevention spending in Indo
Insert interesting title e.g. Low prevention spending risks serious illness for Indonesians and increases healthcare costs
Here, start to go into more detail in the analysis . Highlight up to 5 key points.
1. Govnt spending for prevention spending is growing but still low
*Use infographics and charts!*
2. Can we say anything about prevention spending by disease? or for a particular disease, can we show curative vs. prevention spending, even if for a subset of data like JKN. - Try to break down the problem e.g. look at the most urgent issues such as stunting, NCDs, TB
*Or frame the theme in terms of successes and challenges/ SWOT*
3. Could we highlight some efficiency issues using cross-country comparisons? - Show chart of prevention spending vs. output indicators, e.g. life expectancy, for different countries?
Insert a photo or visual - try to make the brief look interesting so people will want to read it!
Conclusion or recommendations
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art