Miss, how come there are iron filings and sulphur on the counter?
Hello class, this morning we're going to be learning about how to test for water!
I was originally planning on another lesson but for now it doesn't matter!
OH NO! KAVEH!
The boys had just arrived at science class when Ms Farooq announced that they were going to be doing a test for water. But, suddenly Ethan noticed that there was a container that had sulphur and iron filings in it.
I teach a student who can't even tie their own shoe laces...
Hey miss! The mixture is turning black and it smells like rotten eggs... *cough cough*
Ms Farooq dismissed the thought an went to carry on the lesson, she went and got a bunsen burner from the cupboard and put it on a safety flame. She also gave everyone safety goggles and instructed them on the rules of the lab
KAVEH I'M FED UP! YOU'VE GOT A CAUTION, ORDER MARK, DETENTION AND SUSPENSION!
HEREWARD HOUSE SCHOOL, THE SAFEST PLACE FOR YOUR CHILD!
Just as Ms Farooq was about to start the experiment, Kaveh tripped and pushed the mixture in the bunsen burner and it started glowing!
Kaveh's big mistake. Written by Kaveh Kordestani
Little did they know, the new substance in the beaker was iron sulfide a solid, and though iron is usually magnetic this new substance isn't. The two substances, iron and sulfur have now chemically bound and formed a compound. Unfortunately for the class, the new substance's fumes were partly poisonous, Ms Farooq told everyone to leave the lab.
KAVEH! THAT'S MY BAG!
This was an intresting way to show how a (grainy) mixture of iron filings and sulphur which previously was magnatic, can have it properties completely change and become a completely solid, non-magnetic, different colour substance. You know this was a chemical change since it changed colour and when it was lit, started glowing.
Eventually Kaveh went home to fulfill his suspension. THE END IS JUST THE BEGINNING. (of Kaveh's disasters)