A+P StoryBoardThat : Diverticulitis

A+P StoryBoardThat : Diverticulitis
  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • Diverticulitis:Is an Inflammation or Infection in one or more patches in the Digestive Track
  • It most commonly affects the Sigmoid Colon, which is the last part of the large intestine before the rectum.
  • The Sigmoid Colon is where fecal waste is stored until they are ready to leave the body.
  • Prevention and Risk?
  • The main reasons on why some people can develop Diverticulitis are from smoking, ageing and simply in genetics.
  • Some complications that you will experience are a change in bowel movements of type 1-7 of defecation.  Also, bleeding, or obstruction of the bowel. 
  • Symptoms include abdominal pain, fever, nausea,and a change in your bowel movements,such as being constipated or Diarrhea.
  • Diagnosis:A blood test and abdominal CT scan determines if there is any bleeding in the colon or inflammation. 
  • Prognosis:85% of the population will go on with medical treatment while the other 15% need an operation.
  • Common treatments for patients are prescribed antibiotics. Doctors recommend to obtain a diet of water, and juices and high-fiber foods. Also pain killers from your local pharmacy
More Storyboards By kierstin_habiger
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class   •   Quick Rubric   •   abcBABYart   •   Storyboard That's TpT Store