(1) There was two brothers named Anpu and Bata. Anpu, the older brothers has a wife and she tried to seduce Bata but the younger brother disagreed.
(2) But his wife lied and told Anpu that Bata was the one seducing her and hurt her.
(1) Anpu chased his brother and tried to kill him but Bata seeked help from Re-Herakthi who built a lake in between. Bata explained his side.
(2) I will go to the Valley of Cedars, I will put my heart in top of the tree and you will find it so I could live again.
(1) Bata started to build a life there when a deity pitied him so he created a wife for Bata.
(2) Bata's wife is sought after by the pharaoh. When the pharaoh succeeds in bringing her to live with him, she tells him to cut down the tree in which Bata has put his heart. They do so, and Bata dies.
(1) Anpu search for his brother's heart and Bata became a bull but eventually died. Two trees grew to where he died.
(2) Bata, now in the form of a tree, again addresses his wife, and she appeals to the pharaoh to cut down the Persea trees. As this is happening, a splinter ends up in the wife's mouth, impregnating her.
(3) She eventually gives birth to a resurrected Bata, which later on became the crown prince.