Innovation Process with Six Thinking Hats
By larsehlers, Updated
A general Idea, which coloured hats we need for an Innovation session
1) Blue Hat: Set the frame for the quick meeting
2) Green Hat: Generate fancy ideas; Red Hat: Where are the emotions or dislike for the ideas
3) Blue Hat: We have ideas together, now look at ... White Hat: Find data for the ideas
4) Yellow Hat: What are the benefits or opportunities of the ideas
5) Black Hat: Where are the pitfalls, and ... Green Hat: How can we mitigate those?
6) Blue Hat: Now let's summarize and plan for next steps!
Let's first align on the Innovation Process. Our basic ground rules are ...
Step 1 3 Mins
• Rules • Process • Timing • AOB
My Love (or dislike) about the points is...
If anything can come true, I think...
Step 2 10 Mins + 2 Mins
Set the Baseline
Now collect the Facts for Step 2
Step 3 5 Mins
Let's make the fun real: What benefits will we get? If all goes, well then...
Step 4 4 Mins
But importantly: What can go wrong? Is the horse dead?
Step 5 4 Mins + 2 Mins
Can we fix it? Are dead horse useful?
Step 6 5 Mins
Finally vote on ideas and form Special Interest Groups
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art