PSCY3003 Unit 8.1 Group Storyboard Part 2
Speak with a member of your household or a close relative about Territoriality. You must inform them of the following in your storyboard production.
1. Define territoriality and illustrate with relevant examples.
2. Explain to them the types of territoriality with examples of each type.
3. Use the information from your interview with your relative to report on how they feel or react when others invade or infringe on their territory.
There are primary, secondary and public territoriality.
Explain them to me please!
Primary Territoriality: This is the most visible and detectable form of territoriality. Behaviours associated with the invasion of this type of territoriality may be assertiveness or aggression due to the strong sense of ownership of physical space.
Secondary Territoriality: The secondary territoriality has a less intense sense of ownership, compared to the primary; however there is still a non-communicated expectancy that an individual feels in regard to this space.
Public Territoriality: this is a public space where there is no sense of ownership. There is a social understanding that the use of the public space is temporary. Therefore, the reaction or behavior in response to someone taking their space is less hostile compared to primary and secondary.
Wow, i did not know all of that. Territoriality is very interesting.
You are very knowledgeable in this area. How do your relatives feel or react when others invade their territory?
In regards to invasion of personal space/territory by significant other, close relative or close friends, most of them were okay with it and had nothing much to say.
In regards to strangers they reacted differently. They felt violated, threatened, self conscious, discomfort, anxiety, and they sometimes felt like panicking.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art