1. World of common day: After two weeks of band camp, only one week of summer break remained, with the first day of high school creeping day by day.
2. Call to adventure: On August 1st, the "hero" took his first step into the 9th grade academy. Being used to switching classes in only one hallway, this was a completely new experience.
3. Refusal of the call: Since this was a new experience, it was hard to accept the fact that he was forced to do this by law, and he was nervous to start his first day, especially that there would be lots of new students from other schools.
4. Meeting with the mentor: Accepting the fact the hallways were labeled, making it easier to navigate, he finally decided that it probably wouldn't be as bad as he thought, and on the bright side, He had kept As and Bs throughout middle school.
5. Crossing the first threshold: Finally, on August 7th, the first day of school began. The school was already full of both familiar faces, and strangers, and the "hero" headed towards his first class, then his next, and so on.
6. Tests, allies and enemies: It was tricky to make friends at first, with so many people he didn't recognize. And after a few test in math, his grade was down to around a high to mid 80, which was strange since in middle school he had aced it, meaning in high school there would be more responsibility.
7. Approach the inmost cave: After learning the rules of high school from observations, by the middle of the year, he was doing quite well. Finally, in April, the standardize testing came. This was the greatest challenge of every school year.
8. The supreme ordeal: Finally, the math test came along. It would only take two days, but on the first day, everyone would have to do two test, which was very tiring. This was the greatest challenge, as Algebra wasn't the "hero's" best subject.
9. Seizing the prize: Finally, after two long weeks, testing was finally over. The first test seemed easy, but the other two were questionable, and only time would tell if he did well or not. But he survived the struggle.
10. The road back: After testing, the classes seemed to return to normal, except not. Although teachers started giving work and projects, everyone was just ready for school to be over, creating a sort of rushed feeling throughout the school, as there were only two weeks left.
11. Threshold, crossing "resurrection": At this point the "hero" is near the end of his 9th grade year, and on his journey, he has made new allies, made it through all his test, and most importantly, he has pushed through his first year of high school. Now, he realizes there are 3 more years at the "real high school", which creates a whole new adventure in the near future.
12. Return with elixir "freedom to live": After finishing up his first year of high school, the "hero" now has to face the future, three more years at the actual school. Although he has made it through one adventure, there are still more awaiting in the future.
- Do not give up on something you haven't tried.
- Life is not something to be taken for granted.
- Try to enjoy the time you have as much as possible.