Monday: I arrive at school and find that my laptop will not start. Cue mild panic. I manage to connect a Chromebook to the Smartboard, so I can at least display the daily agenda.
Tuesday: Fortunately, I'd already planned to have the students use Chromebooks in ELA to work on their biography essays. Math was the real struggle, since we rely heavily on the Smartboard and the Document Camera.
Wednesday: Tech Support is in for the day. They take a look at my laptop and discover the hard drive is as fried as an egg. They have to order new parts...which leaves me laptopless for the foreseeable future.
Thursday: I am reminded that our Chromebooks aren't connected to the school printers...meaning I need to use a lab computer or print at home.
Friday: One of my 7th graders accidentally locks the Chromebook cart. The correct key is nowhere to be found until our custodian saves the day.
It was an exhausting week without all of our usual tech capabilities! But we made it through because my students and I were a team in resourcefulness. We talked about alternatives together and made a not-so-ideal situation work out. (Though I still hope my laptop has made a full recovery and I find it sitting on my desk Tuesday!)