* Martin Luther was born in Eisleben Germany in 1483 * He studied to be a layer but changed his mind.
John Tetzel arrives
* One day luther was caught in a terrible thunder storm * He shouted help saint Anna I will become a monk *He survived the storm and became a monk.
Luther makes 95 Theses
* He joined the Augustinian order to become a monk and priest *He later became professor of Theology at Wittenberg University in Saxony.
* Luther believed in justification by faith * A Dominican friar John Tetzel was selling indulgences * Luther disapproved of this and believed that gaining indulgences did not allow a person to go to heaven and only faith in God would allow that.
* He made 95 these against the sale of indulgences * He wrote them in Latin * Its believed he nailed them to the church door of Wittenburg castle.