1. Sam is a third party support partner; he needs to call the service desk because he cannot remember the PIN on his RAS token.
Username: bloggs Password: ***** PIN and token:xxxx-xxxxxxxx
2. A few days later, Sam needs to get his PIN reset again because he misplaced it.
3. Meanwhile - Jess has been experiencing the same problem
Username: ParkerJ Password: ***** PIN and token:xxxx-xxxxxxxx
4. An intelligent manager notes the increased service desk calls and has an idea! Get a small team together to use the design thinking approach so that user's receive a better tokened remote access experience. They collaborate..
What if we remove the PIN requirement?
What about security?
5. After everything has been considered, a recommendation is made, approved, and then actioned..
Memo to remove PIN from tokened RAS
6. After the PIN requirement is disabled, users are delighted that they don't need to enter a PIN anymore.