Cynthia Ann Parker in Crawford County, Illinois to Lucy and Silas Parker. When Cynthia Ann was around age 10, her family moved to Central Texas and built Fort Parker on the waters of the Navasota River.
On May 19, 1836, Fort Parker was attacked by a large group of Comanche Indians as well as a few Kiowas and Kichais. The Comanches captured some women and children including Cynthia Ann Parker and her brother, John Parker.
The captives of the Comanches were later released, but Cynthia Ann Parker decided to stay with the Comanche tribe. In 1840, she married Peta Nocona, a Comanche chief, and had two sons and one daughter. Her oldest son was named Quanah Parker, and he later became a great Indian chief.
On December 18, 1860, Texas Rangers attacked a Comanche hunting camp at Mule Creek and captured three Indian women. One of the captives was Cynthia Ann Parker who was with her daughter at the time.
Colonel Isaac Parker identified Cynthia Ann Parker as his niece and took her and her daughter back to a town named Birdville. She was granted a league of land but had to remain with Isaac Parker and William Parker.
Cynthia Ann Parker tried and failed several times to escape and return to the Comanches. Soon after her daughter passed away from sickness, Cynthia Ann Parker died in 1870 having never returned to her Comanche family.