4. to Dan: Okto Jack: Jack you can go to his room, he is just finishing up some homework .
1.Good evening Mrs. Johnson!
2.Hi Jack! Just a second, Daaaan! Jack is here!
5. OK Mrs. Jackson, I can help him too.
3,Ok MOM, tell him to come to my room!
2. Umm... its 625 but why do you want to know that and why are you saying it the long way???
4. Nooo, My precious high score!
5. I mean you could just use exponents. instead of saying 5x5x5x5 you can say 5 raised to 4.
3.I wanted to find out my new current score, that beat yours by the way and what do you mean the 'long way'?
1.bro, what is 5 x 5 x 5 x 5
2. an exponent is a number given to a number or expression which is the amount of times it should be multiplied by itself, it's usually expressed as a raised symbol beside the number or expression
3. oh can you tell me ways exponents are used in real life
1. EXPONENTS??what are they?
3. yea , we study it at 7th grade onwards. my big brother taught me when he was learning.
1. One example happened 5 minutes ago. instead of saying a number , for example 2 , we can say 2 raised to 4 instead of 2x2x2x2. we can also make a big number small like 8 is 4 raised to 2
2.oh ok , we haven't studied this in school yet , how do you know all this
children! come here, I made some snacks.