This storyboard does not have a description.
Burkini Ban in France
Burkini Ban in France (Documentary style) 1) Brief introduction and and history of burqini • What is a Burkini? • What does it look like? • The difference with other Muslim attires? • Purpose of the Burkini?
2) Outbreak of the Issue •Nice, 2016. Policemen forced a Muslim women to take her top off. •Cannes was the first city to ban Burkini, followed by Villeneure-loubet. •August 2009, Carole, a Muslim woman banned from the swimming pool.
3) Jurisprudence and Legal Issue in Regards to the Ban •"symbol of enslavement to women", Prime Minister Manuel Valis -right to freedom and religion- •believed to uphold hygiene, secularism ( 2004, law banning students wearing veils and religious symbols to school ) -morality and the right to justice and equality- •to identify criminals •sexist oppression -just and fairness theory-
4) Latest Updates on the Issue •High Court ruled the issue as "illegal to ban" •mayors refuse to comply with the court's desicion •use of Burkini by non-Muslim ; Nigella Lawson •germany partially ban face veils
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art