Causes of the French Revolution
This storyboard does not have a description.
The French Revolution has three major causes:
I am King Louis XVI, I am a an absolute ruler who has trouble understanding my peoples problems. When a bad harvest causes the price of grain to skyrocket, I am unable to help my starving commoners.
1) Out of touch Absolute Rulers
She is taking a bath in crushed strawberries? How is it that the elites are getting everything, while we commoners can not even buy grain to make bread?
It is another beautiful day in the magnificent palace of Versailles! Now where is my bath of crushed strawberries?
2) An unfair tax system
I think this guy might be on to something!
The government exist to protect the rights of the people. People have the right to overthrow a government that is not protecting the rights of the people.
3) Enlightenment led people to start to think about whether a change in government is needed.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art