This storyboard does not have a description.
1. The "Rockpile" James Baldwin(1924-1987) Seth Huskey 7th 5-2-18
2. Elizabeth- The mother of John and Roy Gabriel- The father of Roy Roy- son of both of them John- elder illegitimate son of Elizabeth Delilah- daughter of Gabriel and Elizabeth Paul- Son of Gabriel and Elizabeth Elizabeth defended John. Gabriel favorites Roy. Roy gets to the rockpile and gets injured. John is blamed for Roy going to the rockpile.
The exposition leading up to the concluding showdown between John and his Stepfather creates each main character's personality, as well as their relationship to the other characters. One event was the rockpile, But only looked at Roy. Another is when Roy says he is leaving, John just looks at him and keeps drawing his train.
4. The Main conflict is when Roy gets hit with the can. They start to worry about Gabriel will say. He then starts to baby Roy but wants to punish John for "leading him astray"
5. Roy is babied by Gabriel, but John is not so lucky. Gabriel is furious with John for not being protecting and watching over his brother. Right when Gabriel says he is about to beat john with a strap, Elizabeth jumps in and says "You ain't going to taken no strap to this boy, not today you ain't". The confrontation then is settled down.
A theme of this short story could be alienation. You can see that the father favorites Roy over John, but Elizabeth doesn't let it fly. You can also tell that this family is very strict and religious.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art