An accident happened in the 12th Corner, Avenue Street in the City of Metropolis. A private-owned vehicle crashed on a public bus. They were severely injured and were transported in the ambulance a few minutes ago. It was reported that the private vehicle driver was checking his phone while driving.
Everyday, we witness different road accidents everywhere because of poor road safety among drivers.
So, in order to avoid accidents, we must learn the physics to road safety.
TURN RIGHT WITH CARE AT ALL TIMES
Physics can tell you how long it takes for a car to stop once you hit the brake, why you might lose control rounding a curve and why some car collisions result in more damage than others.
TALISAY CITY 143KM
First of all, you must follow the traffic signs posted along the roads.
Secondly, keep in mind your speed, velocity and acceleration.
Also remember Newton's Laws of Motion
1. LAW OF INERTIA-"an object in motion stays in motion, and an object at rest stays at rest unless acted upon a net force"APPLICATION:-no matter how fast the car is moving, we will be moving with the same speed as well- if you crash your car into something, your body will resist the change in motion unless something else stops it-a driver must apply brakes for the inertia that gravity creates especially as it goes downhill
• ↑ acceleration = ↑ velocity• speed changes = velocity changes• velocity is constant, acceleration is zero • to speed up or slow down, it has to have a certain change in velocity
• speed≠ velocity• speed ≥ velocity. • speed depends on path, but velocity does not.
2. LAW OF ACCELERATION- "the greater the mass of the object being accelerated, the greater the amount of force needed to accelerate the object"APPLICATION:-a car with less mass are easier to accelerate because they have less inertia than the cars with bigger mass. If the mass is greater, then the car will be harder to accelerate.
3. LAW OF INTERACTION- "when you push against something it pushes back on you with an equal and opposite force"APPLICATION:-when a Car A hits Car B, Car B will also hit Car A. When both cars crashed they will experience equal and opposite forces and they also have identical time of impact. However, because they have different masses they will experience different changes in velocity or acceleration
DID YOU KNOW?
About 12,000 Filipinos die on the road every year.
1. MAINTAIN A SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCE
2. AVOID DISTRACTIONS AND PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES
3. BE WELL-RESTED AND ALERT ALWAYS
4. KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR PEDESTRIANS AND CYCLISTS
5. WEAR YOUR SEATBELT AND CHECK YOUR BRAKES, AIRBAGS, ETC
5 EASY STEPS ON HOW TO BE A SAFEDRIVER
THAT'S IT FOLKS! DON'T FORGET TO ENJOY DRIVING SAFELY AT ALL TIMES!THIS IS YOUR HANDSOME AND INTELLECTUAL LTO REPRESENTATIVE, JUAN CANTON, SHARING YOU SOME DELIGHTFUL TIPS AND INSIGHTS ON ROAD SAFETY!