This storyboard does not have a description.
A burger costs $1.50 and a soda costs $0.50. I sold a total of 87 burgers and sodas, how many burgers and sodas did i sell separately?
I have to sell enough burgers and sodas to get $78.50 to go on a school field trip to a castle
1. What are the variables? x- burgers y-sodas 2. Write 2 equations: 1.50x + 0.50y= 78.50 x + y= 87 3. SOLVE Rewrite x + 7= 87 x-x+y=87-x --> y=-x + 87 Plug the Y into the first equation 1.5x+0.5(-x+87)=78.5 Distribute 1.5x+(-0.5x)+43.5=78.5 Combine like terms x+43.5=78.5 Solve for X x+43.5 -43.5=78.5 -43.5 X=35 Plug in X to the second equation to get Y y= -x + 87 y= -35 + 87 y= 52
I've got to figure this out to get to the castle.
4. Check Solution- (35, 52) 1.5(35)+0.5(52)=78.5 52.5+26= 78.5 There are 35 burgers and 52 sodas
I sold the right amount of burgers and sodas so now I get to go to the castle!!
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art