This storyboard does not have a description.
You're coming with me!!
I call neutrality!
This is my land!
America is the best!!
(1) One of the main causes of the War of 1812 was impressment. This is when British soldiers would aboard American ships and force the citizens to join the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars. The British usually took Americans that they claimed used to be British loyalists.
(1) Another one of the main causes of America's involvement in the war was due to Native American relations. As Americans tried to continue to expand westward, the Natives felt like the only way to secure their land was to become a British ally. As a result, Americans thought that the British were inciting the Natives against them.
We want war !!!
(1) Americans believed that Britain did not see them as a fully independent nation and the War of 1812 was seen as a "Second War of Independence".
(2) Tecumseh was an Indian tribe leader and believed in the protection of Indian land. The Battle of Tippecanoe is when Henry Harrison showed up on Indian territory along with 1,000 American soldiers and they were attacked by the Native Americans.
(3) The War Hawks were a group of congressmen that advocated in support of joining the war against the British. They urged for war in order to capture the British-Canadian territory.
(4) The Battle of Baltimore involved British forces attacking the American "Fort McHenry". This fort was attacked mercilessly throughout the night, but when morning came the American flag was still standing. The flag standing proved that the United States could withstand anything. It is this moment that inspired the writing of the national anthem.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art