war of 1812 (continued)
By tlampro, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
This way to victory!
https://www.history.com/topics/battle-of-new-orleans http://www.pbs.org/wned/war-of-1812/essays/treaty-ghent/ http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h2499.html http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1017.html
(5) As British forces advanced into the United States capital, they began to set fire to all the capital landmarks. They made it into the capital by blockading and capturing American ports and towns.
(6) The Treaty of Ghent is the document, signed by the United States and Great Britain, that ended the War of 1812. It was signed on December 24, 1814 and henceforth called for the end of the war.
(7) The Battle of New Orleans was the last major battle of the War of 1812. Andrew Jackson led the American soldiers to victory against the British troops in a battle in New Orleans, Louisiana. This battle provided Andrew Jackson with the popularity needed to later become president of the United States.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art