This storyboard does not have a description.
2. A good listener does not look over the shoulder of the person that’s speaking
1. A good listener is attentive.
4. A good listener is not waiting for their chance to get a word in, treating the ‘period of listening’ as a pause in their ‘monologue.’
3. A good listener does not check their phone or tablet in the middle of a conversation
5. A good listener uses positive body language
6. A good listener does not hurry somebody, but asks good questions to guide the sharing
7. A good listener does not approach a conversation with prejudice, expecting to know what’s going to come out of the speaker’s lips.
8. A good listener cares.
9. A good listener identifies areas of agreement with the speaker whilst avoiding the cliché statement: “I know exactly how you feel.” Because you don’t.
11. A good listener knows how to treat what is shared with confidentiality.
10. A good listener remembers
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art