This storyboard does not have a description.
This is Charles sumner
1. He was a massachusetts senator 2. He was an anti slavery leader in the 1840's
1. Democratic representative of south Carolina 2. Pro slavery
This is Preston Brooks
"Slavery should be abolished, in Kansas , I saw many cruel acts which I think is not fair".
After the beating, Charles Sumner spent three and a half years recovering from the damage he took.
He returned to the senate in 1859, he knew that the north and south would of start a Civil War. Charles Sumner pressed Lincoln to abolish slavery and to give them civil rights.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art