(1) Good morning, do you have a lot to do today? You seemed very overwhelmed the other time I was here. Maybe I can help try and organize the schedule if we have a lot to do?
What I'm thinking: It's 9 a.m. and I'm still sleepy. Besides being tired, I'm excited to start my day and see what surprise I might get today.
(2) Good morning. No, luckily I don't have a lot to do today. We have 1 eval with a 90-year-old first thing in the morning and a few patients to see later. Thank you for offering to help me! Let's start walking to our eval's room to see if she's awake.
(2) I do Ms. H, She's in the third room on the right in this wing.
What i'm thinking: I'm glad I remember the schedule that she showed me earlier. It allowed me to save us travel time. In the future, I'll write things down on a piece of paper because my memory will not always remember everything.
(1) Justin, I all of a sudden forgot what room number our patient is in. Do you remember? I thought I wrote it down from the Ipad information list.
(3) Good morning, my name is Justin Magno and I'm an occupational therapy student from Dominicna College. She is teaching me a lot.
What I'm thinking: It is very important to introduce yourself to help create a therapeutic relationship. Especially if it's a new client. I will always remember to keep that in mind because I think it will help with my bed side manners when I become an occupational therapist.
(2) Good morning, I don't mind at all, I enjoy the company. Oh he looks like a sweet young man. I hope you are learning a lot from her.
(1) Good morning Ms. A, How are you feeling today and are you ready for your eval? This is my student by the way.
(3) I've never heard that before Ms. A,. "...like a chicken on crack". You're funny.
What I'm thinking: When I become an occupational therapist, I'll be encouraging towards my clients to promote an environment and attitude for participation in therapy/activities.
(2) Oh it's nothing. You help encourage me with these mini work outs. You say this isn't therapy yet, but you have me moving around the bed like a chicken on crack
(1) Ms. A, after that evaluation, you seem to be in amazing shape for someone that just injured their leg. What's your secret?