Dr Logan Campbell owned part of the North-shore. He cut up his land into farms so he could share the land with others and the first family to but the farm was the Stratford family and then sold it to Mrs Hammond.
Peter Brown bought the land in 1876 from Mrs Hammond . Peter Browns house got destroyed by a fire in 1930.
In Spring, 26th September 1876 Peter brown left Auckland.
There was no school in Browns Bay so a part time school opened in a small building in Hyde road. Only 10 children going to the school.
In the 1900's Browns Bay opened new postal services.
Through the years Browns Bay developed new shops, schools and churches.