Try Storyboard That Free For 14 Days!
Storyboards for the Workplace
A Powerful Framework
Storyboards provide a powerful framework to organize thoughts and explain concepts.
Visual cues found in storyboards clarify the context and minimize confusion.
Their unfinished and rough “look” invites conversation. This conversation encourages interaction
among colleagues and customers while lightening the mood. Here are some things that Storyboards
can do for your organization:
- Focus on solving the problem, not fishing for random solutions
- Collaborative and iterative – invites conversation
- Lets you test an idea before heavy R&D cost
- Fun and easy, yet professional
Fleshing Out A New Product Or Feature
Product development focuses on two arenas: creation and innovation. Both are expensive and eat up time.
Rather than build a product prototype or invest in a new process, your organization can share a storyboard. Storyboards are a rapid, lean method that gauges professional and consumer interest. The first framework uses a Problem – Solution
- Problem: What is your customer experiencing a problem with?
- Solution: The service or product you are offering to completely resolve the problem.
- Benefit: What will the customer say they achieved or solved with your solution?
Pro Tip: This also works great for project managers to echo back what they heard,
or to figure out where people are not on the same page.
Explaining Test Results And Other Analyses
Explaining A Process
Difficult Conversations And Mentorship
Create a Storyboard