Lesson Plan Reference
Grade Level 6-12
Difficulty Level 1 (Introducing / Reinforcing)
Type of Assignment Individual, Partner, or Group
Type of Activity: Visual Vocabulary Boards
When covering important topics it is essential for all students to understand common terminology so that everyone is on the same page with content. When students define words in their own terms using visuals, it helps students get their perspective across and better retain information. Other activities throughout this guide will refer back to these terms: Verbal Bullying, Cyber Bullying, Physical Bullying, Social Bullying, and Intimidation.
Bullying Vocabulary Examples
Verbal bullying uses words directed at an individual or group with the intention to harm them.
Cyberbullying is using media outlets or devices to harm others.
Social bullying involves attacking a person in front of a person or group.
Intimidation is causing fear or anxiety to the victim.
(These instructions are completely customizable. After clicking "Copy Assignment", change the description of the assignment in your Dashboard.)
Demonstrate your understanding of the different types of bullying by creating visualizations.
- Click "Use this Template" from the assignment.
- Choose three to five terms used in class and type them into the titles. Add cells if necessary.
- Illustrate the meaning of the word in each cell using a combination of scenes, characters, and items.
- Finally, type your own definition of each word in the description box.
- Alternatively, use Photos for Class to show the meaning of the words with the search bar.
(Modify this basic rubric by clicking the link below. You can also create your own on Quick Rubric.)