Raudonasis Ženkliukas Drąsos studentų veikla
One reason why Crane’s writing style is so successful is because it incorporates many elements of the Realism literary movement. Realism is defined as depicting the characteristics of everyday life in their truest form. Realism doesn’t concern itself with supernatural elements like its Gothic predecessor, nor does it try to get too exotic or fancy in its descriptions. It is often referred to as a “faithful representation of reality”. Crane utilizes Realism in his depiction of Henry Fleming’s thoughts and in his journey from coward to hero. Some important characteristics of Realism include:
- Plausible events, conflicts, and characters
- Emphasizes morality and honor
- Character is more important than the plot
- Intense attention to detail
- A focus on the middle class
- Characters’ motivations are based on real life, and can be empathized with by the reader
The Battle of Chancellorsville
While the 304th New York Regiment is fictional, it was thought to be inspired by the 124th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, which Stephen Crane utilized to prepare for his novel. The battle that Henry Fleming takes part in is thought to be based off of the Battle of Chancellorsville in Virginia in 1863. Students can find more information on the battle (and perhaps English and History classes can team up for this, too!) at the following resources:
Essential Questions for The Red Badge of Courage
- When can fear become overwhelming?
- What is courage? Why is it important?
- What are some reasons why people choose to enlist and fight in a war?
- Should desertion be considered a crime? Why or why not?
- What qualities make a good soldier? A bad soldier?
- What defines “manhood”?
- Is it possible to find redemption for our mistakes?
Raskite daugiau tokių veiklų mūsų 6–12 metų ELA
*(Prasidės 2 savaičių nemokama bandomoji versija - kreditinės kortelės nereikia)
© 2023 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - Visos teisės saugomos.
„ StoryboardThat “ yra „ Clever Prototypes , LLC “ prekės ženklas, registruotas JAV patentų ir prekių ženklų biure.