Iowa has so many wonderful places to visit, and postcards are a fun way to let others know about where you’ve been! Using the 2 cell poster template provided, students will create a postcard from Iowa. The written part must include at least one fact about the landmark, and the picture must accurately depict the location. Some examples of tourist attractions in Iowa include the Maquoketa Caves State Park, the Bridges of Madison County, the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site, the “Field of Dreams” movie site, and the West Bend Grotto.
Objective: Create a postcard from a landmark in Iowa.
- Click on “Start Assignment”.
- Create a 2-cell storyboard or use the template provided.
- In the left cell, create an image that depicts the landmark or the state in general using an appropriate scene, characters, and items. Be sure to include the state name somehow.
- In the right cell, write a note to a friend or family member describing the landmark that you have "visited". You must include at least one fact about the landmark.
- On the address lines provided, make up a creative address for the recipient.
- Create a fun stamp in the box in the upper right corner.
- Save often!
Requirements: Appropriate illustration of a landmark and a written component with at least one fact about the landmark.
Lesson Plan Reference
Grade Level 3-6
Difficulty Level 3 (Developing to Mastery)
Type of Assignment Individual
Common Core Standards
[ELA-Literacy/W/4/2] Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
[ELA-Literacy/W/4/7] Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
[ELA-Literacy/W/4/8] Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; take notes and categorize information, and provide a list of sources.
*(This will start a 2-Week Free Trial - No Credit Card Needed)
© 2021 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.