Students will create a spider map that answers the 5Ws and H questions often used when discussing history topics: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. For the topic of Japanese American Incarceration during World War II, students will answer the following questions using 1-3 sentence answers in the description boxes as well as appropriate and meaningful illustrations:
- Who ordered the incarceration of Japanese Americans?
- What did the order say / allow the military to do? Who was affected by the order?
- When did the incarceration take place?
- Where were Japanese Americans incarcerated?
- Why did this happen?
- How many and in what ways were Japanese Americans affected?
Objective: Create a 5Ws and H Spider Map describing the incarceration of Japanese Americans in WWII.< /p>
- Click “Start Assignment”.
- For each cell, answer the question with a 1-3 sentence description.
- Create an illustration that represents each answer using appropriate scenes, characters, and items.
- Save often!
Requirements: Answers to 6 5Ws&H questions as well as appropriate illustrations for each.
Lesson Plan Reference
Grade Level 6-8
Difficulty Level 2 (Reinforcing / Developing)
Type of Assignment Individual
Type of Activity: 5 Ws of Social Studies and History
Common Core Standards
[ELA-Literacy/RH/9-10/3] Analyze in detail a series of events described in a text; determine whether earlier events caused later ones or simply preceded them.
[ELA-LITERACY/CCRA/R/1] Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
[ELA-LITERACY/CCRA/R/7] Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
[ELA-LITERACY/CCRA/R/9] Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
[ELA-LITERACY/WHST/6-8/2/B] Develop the topic with relevant, well-chosen facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples.
*(This will start a 2-Week Free Trial - No Credit Card Needed)
© 2021 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.