The projects that were of interest to me were: Anheuser Busch, Deloitte and Tesla. These were three projects that I completed and show what I have done and the level of skills and quality that I did incur. Those three projects are projects that I chose and was interested in:
1. Knowing what type of business that they are.
2. How the owners of the companies got started with the business.
3. How they became so successful.
Anheuser Busch a wholly owned subsidiary is an American brewery company that was founded in 1852 and is now based in St. Louis, Missouri. This company started with George Schneider, a German American, who opened the Bavarian Brewery on Carondelet Ave, South St. Louis. He later ran into financial problems and had to sell the company. The company was then sold told to William D'Oench, a pharmacist, and Eberhard Anheuser, soap manufacturer, through bankruptcy. The company finally ended in the hands of Eberhard Anheuser and Adolphus Busch. They were the first brewer to use pasteurization to keep beer fresh, the first to use mechanical refrigeration. Anheuser Busch became the leading entrepreneurial leader of producing one of America's finest high-quality beers in 12 breweries across the United States. They have also been the industry leader in promoting alcohol responsibility. They were leaders in promoting alcohol responsibility, protecting and preserving the environment while making a difference in the community. In 1982 they created their first responsible drinking campaign ad called, "Know
when to say when". So far, they have committed $980 million dollars in advertising campaigns and community-based programs to prevent underage and drunk drivers. The company's success depended not just on great customer services and delicious products for beer drinkers. But it depends on the company employees who diligently come to work every day with a purpose and goal to produce what later became the number one beer. The sales and logistics team worked with the family to provide exceptional service to retailers. Through Anheuser's marketing and innovations team, they were able to connect with the outside world through man beer drinking occasions.
My current position as a police officer brought about my interest in this company. I found this company unique because, here you have a company who sales alcohol, but they have teamed up with companies such as MADD to promote alcohol responsibility. The social cause of Anheuser had to do with the abuse of alcohol, drunk driving and underage drinking. Anheuser is obligated to work side by side with customers, employees, educators, parents, law enforcement, our children and our neighbors. The impactful message of Anheuser prides them on having a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team that created a consumer centric program for customers. The company's success depended not just on great customer services and delicious products for beer drinkers. But it depends on the company employees who diligently come to work every day with a purpose and goal to produce what later became the number one beer. The sales and logistics team worked with the family to provide exceptional service to retailers. Through Anheuser's marketing and innovations team, they were able to connect with the outside world through man beer drinking occasions.
My reason for choosing "Deloitte" was to become a leader in their HR department. Deloitte's vision and values has been to collaborate with leaders and members from partners globally. Deloitte was one of the fathers of the accountancy profession. The company he owned was known as Deloitte Touché PricewaterhouseCoopers. At the age of 25 Deloitte open his own office and began his auditing career at the Great Western Railway as the first independent auditing companies. His company is known as the best Accounting Firm in the world. He invented a system for railway accounts that protected investors from mismanagement of funds, while continuously creating new ideas to beat its competition. Deloitte is one of the “Big Four” an accounting firm which is the largest professional services network in the world. Deloitte provides audit tax consulting, enterprise risk and financial advising. It employs 244,000 globally and as of 2016 it was ranked as the 6th largest previously owned organization in the U.S.
The third company that I chose that was of great interest to me is “Tesla”. Tesla Motors Inc. is a company that designs, manufactures, and sells electric luxury vehicles, electric automotive component parts and rechargeable energy storage batteries. Tesla's electric vehicles are Model X, Model S and the soon to be displayed Model 3 which is due for sell 2017. Tesla posted profits for the first time in history during the first quarter of 2013. This company has sold close to 140,000 electric cars worldwide since the delivery of its first Tesla Roadster in 2008(Wikipedia). Those electric vehicles can travel between 210-315 miles from a single battery charge. The single battery charge can be performed within two hours. In 2008, Tesla released its first all-electric sports car, “Roadster” costing $100,000. This electric vehicle encountered
multiple issues which later lead to multiple recalls according to Entrepreneur magazine. Tesla has since made a comeback with Model X and Model S. In April 2015, the company unveiled its Powerwall home and industrial battery packs, and quickly received orders to a total value of US$800 million (Wikipedia).
The problem for the three companies that I am reporting on will always be how the company will increase their financial profits and goal. In business, in order to continuously gain, a company must think about what has already been done to solve the issues that they may be having. One way to solve those problems is to look at the obstacles that caused the problems in the first place. Then put together a plan to combat the problem. All three companies have incurred problems and they go as follows:
1. Problem for Tesla was to increase the amount of charging stations for the electric cars that are available. The problem was, where would they install them? So, to solve that problem, currently, an owner has two options they could have a charging station in their home, or they could charge their vehicle at the Supercharger stations made for Tesla car. It takes 12 hours to charge your Tesla, depending on how full your car battery is and the type of charging station that you use. When you purchase a Tesla, you get a mobile charging cord and three adapters such as: a standard wall out, one for a higher powered 240-volt wall outlet, and one for public charging stations. The Super charging station are on the rise, they are in many locations.
2. Problem for Anheuser Busch now is that the beer giant has announced that their company revenues in the United States has dropped by 3.1% and continues to lose shares. The beer preference has dropped due to shift in the millennial drinking habits which has increasingly opt for wine and spirits. Beer has lost 10% of its market share to wine and hard liquor from 2006-2016.
3. A Problem for Deloitte’s consulting stems from its company not have a global partnership. It is interesting to know that each country, region operates as different legal and economical entity. So, no one office can tell another what to do, and for Deloitte that seems to be a problem. There seems to be several different problems that is causing a major weakness for Deloitte. But I am going to talk about one. One of the problems that is causing havoc for this company is their unwillingness to send its top global people onto a client. Deloitte sends its best regional person and not the best people globally. The reason being is because there is no global firm. I haven't seen were they have made a change to include a global firm, but Deloitte strives to help their clients to transform uncertainty into possibility and rapidly change into lasting progress. “Our people know how to anticipate, collaborate, and innovate, and create opportunity from even the unforeseen obstacle”.
About Deloitte | Our global network of member firms. (2018). Retrieved from https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/about-deloitte.html
“Deloitte Careers Home.” Deloitte Careers Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2017.
@teslamotors. "Tesla." Tesla. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2016.
Forbes. Forbes Magazine, n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2016.
Hanbury, M. (2018). One of America's most iconic beer brands is in crisis. Retrieved from https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/one-of-americas-most-iconic-beer-brands-is-in-crisis/ar-BBL9h6U
Sun, Carolyn. "Here's What You Need to Know About Elon Musk."Entrepreneur. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2016.
Taylor, K. (2018). Millennials' new drinking habit is stealing customers from beer companies. Retrieved from https://www.businessinsider.com/wine-trumps-beer-with-millennials-2016-2
Tesla Charging: What You Need to Know in 2018 | EnergySage. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.energysage.com/electric-vehicles/charging-your-ev/charging-a-tesla/