Discuss how bulling (cyber bullying and school bullying) impacts students and what they can do to prevent it.
Depict a scenario where someone is being bullied, show how it hurts them, and show how the situation is resolved.
- Show the impact
- Show a peaceful resolution
- Clearly identify the type(s) of bullying involved
- Physical (hitting, kicking, pinching, punching ...)
- Verbal (name calling, insulting, making racist, sexist or homophobic jokes)
- Indirect (spreading nasty stories/rumors, exclusion from social groups)
- Cyber Bullying (text messages, email, chat room ...)
- Integrating statistics
- Depicting 2+ forms of bullying
- 6 cells instead of 3
This lesson works best after an introduction to bullying. The website http://www.makebeatsnotbeatdowns.org/facts_new.html has useful statistics on bullying.