|Text to Text
||Connection that reminds you of something in another book or story
|Text to Self
||Connection that reminds you of something in your life.
|Text to World
||Connection that reminds you of something happening in the world.
Students can easily make text-to-self connections throughout the book.
In this activity, students will create a storyboard showing some of the text-to-self connections they made throughout the different stories.
The example storyboard shows one text to self connection for each story.
TEXT TO SELF
Text -"Icicles": Poppleton's house has lots of icicles.
"Poppleton was proud of them. He never knocked them down."
Self: This reminds me of my old house that used to have tons of icicles. You had to be careful, or else one could fall on you.
Text - "The Bust":
Poppleton is always creative in the winter.
"Another winter he painted stars all over his floors."
Self: This reminds me of when I painted the walls of my new room.
Text - "The Sleigh Ride": Poppleton is disappointed when he thinks all his friends cannot go on a sleigh ride.
"He sat in front of his window, feeling very sorry for himself."
Self: I feel disappointed and lonely when I have no one to play with.
(These instructions are completely customizable. After clicking "Copy Assignment to Account", change the description of the assignment in your Dashboard.)
Create a storyboard that shows three text-to-self connections you have made with Poppleton in Winter.
- Click "Use this Template" from the assignment.
- Identify parts of Poppleton in Winter that you connect with. Put the name of the story in the "CHAPTER TITLE" box.
- Parts from the Poppleton in Winter go on the left side. The connections you make go on the right side.
- Create an image for each connection using scenes, characters, items, and text boxes.
- Write a description of how the text relates to you.
(Modify this basic rubric by clicking the link below. You can also create your own on Quick Rubric.)