1. Hashem is telling moshe to go down from the mountain.
Go go down from the mountain (and your greatness)
2. Moshe goes down from har sini to see bnai isreal dancing around the golden cow.
3. Moshe punishes bnai isreal.
Rashi asks why the pusuk says go go down and not go down and answers that Hashem is also saying go down from your greatness because Hashem wants to wipe out bani isreal and without them Moshe is nothing.
4. Moshe asks Aaron what bani isreal did to him that he brought this sin on them
what did bani isreal do to you that you brought this on them
Moshe goes down and is furies at bani isreal and smashes the luchot on the floor and goes to Aaron.
5. Moshe speaks to Hashem and eventully gets forgivness.
Moshe threw the calf in a fire untl it is ashes and then he grinds it until it is very thin than puts it in water than makes bani isreal drink it.
6. Hashem agrees not to kill all of bani isreal but stll had to kill some.
Aaron says to Moshe don´t be mad my master and trys to explain but Moshe is fuming and says he will try to go back up to Hashem and ask forgivness.
My master do not be angry
please Hashem forgive the nation.
When Moshe goes back to Hashem he says if you are going to wipe out bani isreal please erase me from your book and Rashi says the book means the torah and the reason he wants to be erased is because he doesn't want that in the future people will say that he was not worthy of asking Hashem forgiveness.
shevet Levi gathers around Moshe and says they are for Hashem and wipes out any man who did the sin rashi says the whole shevet is kosher meaning pure and not one man did the sin.