• Stanley Yelnats is introduced. • He is bullied at school. • On his way home he is hit by a pair of shoes.
• Stanley Yelnats is arrested for stealing the shoes. • His dad is a struggling inventor and is too poor to hire a lawyer. • Stanley is found guilty.
• Stanley Yelnats is sent to Camp Green Lake. • He is placed in Tent D • All the boys are forced to dig holes. • We learn that Stanley thinks his family is cursed. • One day Zero runs away and Stanley goes after him.
• Stanley and Zero survive the dessert eating peach preserves and onions. • The reader learns the curse is broken when Stanley carries Zero to the top of "God's Thumb." • They go back & dig for what the warden wants.
• Stanley & Zero find buried treasure. • There luck turns around. • They get out of Camp Green Lake!
• Stanley's father finds a cure for foot odor and becomes rich. • Zero who was once an orphan is reunited with his mother. • Stanley built some confidence and now has friends.