Five Pillars Directions for living righteously according to Islam. Each pillar calls for specific actions and proved for a basic framework for life.
The FIve Pillars of Islam By: Jabob Franke and Stephen Haley
1. Shahada- There is no god except God.
This is God.
2. Salah- Prayer All men and women are required to pray 5 times a day: Early morning, noon, mid afternoon, sunset, evening. Must wash face and clean themselves before prayer on rugs.
3. Sawm - Fasting Takes place during Rahmadan (9th month of Islamic calendar) Muslims are to avoid eating, drinking, smoking, and sex each day throughout the month. Supposed to give insight of how lucky they truly are.
Here's some money sir.
4. Zaka - Wealth Sharing Helps ensure welfare of entire Muslim community through sharing of possessions and wealth. They are required to donate 2.5% of there wealth annually.
Just because I am taking the bus does not mean that I am poor.
5. Haji - pilgrimage All Muslims are to journey to Mecca at least once in their lifetime if they can afford it.