Hi King Tutankhamun. Now that you are king, is there anything you would like to know about?
Yeah! What about mummification?
Well there is a big process on how to do it. Although, it is quite simple and all of it will happen to you one day.
1. We wash the deceased person's body in the Nile River water and wine. We remove the brain through the nose with a hook. After that, we make a cut in the side of the deceased person's body and take out all of their organs.
2. The next step is to clean the liver, lungs, intestines, and stomach which you put in canopic jars. We make sure to put the heart back inside the body.
Not my nose and brain!
Oh, but don't worry you won't be needing that in the afterlife.Anyway, let's move on, shall we.
3. Next we cover the bode in a salt called natron to take the moisture out of the body. We leave this to dry for 40 days.
Not my organs!
Ah.. don't worry they will go back in your body once they dry.
4. After the body dries out, we take it out of the natron and stuff the inside with different spices and return the organs. 5. Then we wrap the body in linen bandages.
They are going to put spices in my insides!?
Yes. This is so your body will keep its shape.
6. The last thing we do, is put the mummified body along with other priceless items into several coffins which is then put into a tomb.
Yes. Now you know how we will mummify you and the many others before and after you.