In This Activity
The ancient Egyptians practiced a sophisticated religion that reflected a relatively optimistic world view. Massive temple and tomb projects are evidence of the importance religion played in ancient Egypt. In this activity students will explore a single facet of Egyptian religion: the afterlife.
Students will create a traditional storyboard that shows the path a soul must take as it navigates the afterlife. This storyboard should include the following gods:
This activity can be extended in a number of ways. Students could create a storyboard character chart of Egyptian gods and goddesses, or focus on a single god. Students could also explore the connection between geography and religious world view. A good civilization to contrast Egypt with would be the city-states of Mesopotamia.
Template and Class Instructions
(These instructions are completely customizable. After clicking "Copy Activity", update the instructions on the Edit Tab of the assignment.)
Create a storyboard depicting the path a soul must take as it navigates the Egyptian afterlife.
- Click "Start Assignment".
- In the title boxes, identify each step in the path.
- Write a summary for each step in the description boxes.
- Create an illustration for each step using appropriate scenes, characters, items, and photos from Photos for Class.
Lesson Plan Reference
More Storyboard That Activities
This Activity is Part of Many Teacher Guides
- Hand Made Papyrus Paper • Shannonsong • License Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/)
© 2024 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.
StoryboardThat is a trademark of Clever Prototypes, LLC, and Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office