Customize Writing Process Posters
If you're assigning this to your students, copy the worksheet to your account and save. When creating an assignment, just select it as a template!
Using Posters to Teach the Writing Process in the Classroom
In today's classrooms, using writing process posters as a valuable teaching aid is beginning to be a trend. The writing process posters serve as an effective display for both teachers and students. They offer a friendly little definition of each stage in the process, from planning to editing, laid out in an easy-to-understand chart. Teachers find teaching resources that perfectly match their lesson plans, providing children with clear examples and ideas to reference throughout their writing journey. Whether the information is displayed through poster board writing or laminated printable writing process posters with steps, these tools help young writers discover and refine their skills.
Steps to Make a Writing Process Poster
- Choose Your Design Theme: Decide on the overall theme for your writing process posters. You might want to create a pencil poster for a fun, educational look that a child might like, or opt for a more traditional design that suits your classroom aesthetic.
- Outline the Writing Steps: List the steps of the process. Typically, these include prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing.
- Select a Poster Board: Choose a large poster board for your display. This will be the foundation of your poster, so ensure it's sturdy and sizable enough to accommodate your design and content.
- Design and Print Elements: If you're creating printable posters, design the elements on a computer. Include a cute graphic to make it child friendly, step labels, and brief descriptions for each of the process steps. Printable elements can be included to beautifully enhance your poster and make the poster creative and interesting.
- Assemble the Poster: Arrange and glue the printed elements onto your poster board. If you're making a pencils writing poster, align the steps along the length of a pencil graphic. For standard writing process steps printable posters, place each step in a logical, easy-to-follow order.
- Final Touches: Add any final decorative elements to make your posters stand out. This might include borders, additional graphics, or even interactive components like flaps or movable parts to engage students further.
More Storyboard That Resources and Free Printables
- What is the Writing Process
- Writing Reflection Templates
- Persuasive Writing Worksheet Templates
- How to Write a Screenplay
- Informational Writing Templates
- Diagram a Process
- Creative Writing Worksheet Templates
How to Make a Writing Process Poster
Choose One of the Premade Templates
We have lots of templates to choose from. Take a look at our example for inspiration!
Click on "Copy Template"
Once you do this, you will be directed to the storyboard creator.
Give Your Poster a Name!
Be sure to call it something related to the topic so that you can easily find it in the future.
Edit Your Poster
This is where you will include directions, specific images, and make any aesthetic changes that you would like. The options are endless!
Click "Save and Exit"
When you are finished, click this button in the lower right hand corner to exit your storyboard.
From here you can print, download as a PDF, attach it to an assignment and use it digitally, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions about The Writing Process Posters
Why use writing process posters in the classroom?
Writing process posters are valuable in classrooms for visually outlining the steps of writing, making complex tasks more approachable and structured. They serve as a constant reference, aiding students in understanding and organizing their writing efforts.
What are the key components of a writing process poster?
Essential components of a writing process poster include stages like brainstorming, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing. Each stage is typically accompanied by a concise description or tips, helping students navigate the writing process.
How does a writing process poster benefit visual learners?
These posters are especially beneficial for visual learners, as they provide a graphic representation of the writing process. This visual format helps these learners grasp and retain the steps more effectively, aiding in their comprehension and execution of writing tasks.
© 2024 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.
StoryboardThat is a trademark of Clever Prototypes, LLC, and Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office